Tuesday, April 6, 2010

5 Pounds!

YAY!  I have successfully made my trips to the grocery store, cleared my cupboards of anything too tempting, and triumphantly lost 5 pounds in the first week of this diet!  I can not even describe how excited I am about that!  However, this was Easter weekend(which is why it took me so long to post)  and I think I did as well as I could with all the temptations of chocolate, potato salad, pineapple upside down cake and over delicious temptations.  Although I can not say I completely obstained from all of them... Rather than fail horribly I allowed myself small portions just so I didn't feel deprived.  I know and understand that this is going to take a lot of work mentally, physically and emotionally... Mentally to get my mind set on the idea of eating to survive, physically to withstand all the delectable temptations, and emotionally simply because I am an emotional eater and going through this process does cause depression.  Ask any woman with PCOS they will tell you this condition causes a vicious cycle... an unfair vicious cycle.  Your body automatically gains wait due to creating too much insulin and then being turned into fat... it causes depression which in turn makes you want to eat more... round and round and round.  Enough about the sucky parts... because I feel that something positive has come to me from enduring through this struggle.  I believe that in the end when I am finally blessed with my angels I will love and appreciate them so much more... motherhood will be that much more rewarding for me... because I know what it is like to feel like I am never going to be a mother... the reward in the end will be that much sweeter. 

I have been google-ing off and on in my free time during the holiday.  I have come up with some great ideas for snacks.  That is the hardest thing for me is remembering to eat my snacks... I have developed a horrible eating pattern like my husband... LOL he will eat one large meal per day and then maybe a small snack 6 to 8 hours later... not good if you want to keep your metabolism up.  Anywhoo, here are some of my deas for snacks.

1. "Ants on a log"  SO simple!!  i stalk of celery, some peanut butter and then raisins lined ontop just like they are little ants.  Presto!  And I don't even like celery but have come to like this snack!

2. Apples and peanut butter. :) YUM!

3. Unsweetened Apple Sauce.

4. String cheese.  It can be your best friend, especially if you are on the go!  Throw a couple stick in your purse and out the door you go!  Feel hunger approaching... voila!  Not mention I think they are so much fun to eat!

5. 100 calories popcorn mini bags.  They are pretty yummy!

6. Archer Farms Pomegranate Raspberry Real Fruit Bars.  Some VERY tasty treats I found @ Target with only 65 calories.  I love love love them. 


If you have any other ideas for some nutritious snacks be sure and comment them!!
I won't be able to post again until Monday.  Family Vacay!  I will keep my eyes peeled for some recipes, and will test as many as my Husband will allow !! :))))

Until then... much Love!
Janice

1 comment:

  1. Jan Jan! Today was the first day I was able to see your blog, I had heard about it! I like your posts--I'm even following : ) now come follow me :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete