Friday, March 26, 2010

Here we go...

As a child I had always dreamed of the day I would hold my baby in my arms. I always envisioned it being a moment that I would be overcome with tears of joy and my heart so warm and overflowing with so much love. It was my greatest fear to never be able to become a mother. Being diagnosed with PCOS has been my nightmare come true. After anxiously staring at countless pregnancy test control windows, praying and begging God for a postive sign, it has made it a reoccuring nightmare. Jumping through all the medicinal hoops has not been easy for me. There are good days and there are bad days. Ultimately, it will all be SO worth it in the end, but from where I am standing, I am not seeing a light at the end of this tunnel. I try to be optimistic, and be positive. We have even settled on names, which is amazing because our tastes are polar opposites LOL. i.e. his pick -Jenny & my pick - Harlow or Margo. LOL. Complete opposites. But we have settled on the perfect names for our angels and we can not wait for the day that we get the news that they are on their way!

As of right now I am having to rely completely on medications since mother nature is on a permanent vacation. I am currently taking Provera (Medroxyprogesterone). Medroxyprogesterone is a progestin (a form of progesterone), a female hormone that helps regulate ovulation (the release of an egg from an ovary) and menstrual periods.
I am also taking Clomid (clomiphene). Clomid stimulates the release of hormones necessary for ovulation to occur. It is mainly used for treating female infertility.
Clomid is used to stimulate ovulation (the release of an egg) when a woman's ovaries can produce a follicle but hormonal stimulation is deficient. (all imformation obtained from www.drugs.com) I am scheduled to have an ultrasound done this month as well to ensure that my ovaries are reacting properly to the medication and if need be I will receive an hCG shot to help boost the ability to push an egg out. Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone that supports the normal development of an egg in a woman's ovary, and stimulates the release of the egg during ovulation.(www.drugs.com)

So I pray that with all of this, that April will be the month!!! We could use a lot of prayers!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment